You will find the number 40 in the Bible 146 times. This number represents a time of testing.
spent 40 years in Egypt.
- He spent 40 years in the wilderness.
- He spent 40 days on Mount Sinai twice.
- He sent in the spies for 40 to investigate the Promise Land.
- Jonah warned Nineveh, of her destruction, for 40 days.
- Elijah fasted food and water for 40 days on Mount Horeb
- Jesus spent 40 days in the wilderness before entering His ministry.
We are about to start on a journey that, I am praying and believing, will be a time of renewal, fresh fire, and anointing for all. It is a 42 day fast.
Okay, you can stop your moaning and groaning now. I am not asking you to give up food and water. What I believe God is asking of us, is that give Him more of our time. So yes, you will have to give up something to spend more time in His presence. There is your fasting!
The Word says:
- James 4:8 “Draw near to God and He will draw near to you…”
- Jeremiah 29:11-14 “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says, the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek me and Me, when you search for with all your heart. I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back from your captivity…”
We will begin the journey Wednesday, September 4, and end the journey Tuesday, October 15th. My prayer, for you all, that this will not be an ending, but a great beginning, that you will continue to go deeper in your relationship with Father God.
These 42 days are to be a time seeking and finding. A time to go deeper, and more intimate in your relationship with your Father. This is what He wants, to have a close and intimate relationship with you.
I will be sharing with you the teaching that the Lord has placed on my heart during this time. I ask that you begin your journey by reading Matthew 4:1-11, and the two passages quoted above. Ask the Holy Spirit to open your eyes and hearts to receive what He has for you. Remember, He is the author of this book – the Holy Word of God
Will you join us, here at Cornerstone, on this amazing adventurous journey? If you do, please let us know. We will lift you up in prayer and walk along side you, supporting you on this journey.